Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cribbage, Asses, and Natty

Last night I spent my evening at my dad's house playing cribbage and talking with him and my cousin Matt. An excellent way to spend Halloween. We had some delicious beef stew with cornbread, ate the candy and played with the Play Doh I had bought for the trick-or-treaters, and spent hours playing the most glorious game known to man.

Cribbage, I have been told, is a Shearer family game. My family would play it to see who made dinner, who did the dishes, who made the Hot Toddies (so good), you name it and it was settled by a game of cribbage. Dad said he grew up watching his parents and grandparents play the game and by the age of five he was playing it with them. So if you do you math he has quite a few years on me. Which is why I feel victorious when I don't get creamed.

After dad killed both Matt and I we attempted to get music from his computer onto my iPod. Sounds easy enough but my iPod is formatted for Mac and he has a PC so it was an ordeal. We figured it out but good grief.

While that was going on Matt remembered he had a CD of May family photos for me. May is my dad's mom's side of the family and I have been appointed the keeper of the archives so they were passed to me. The pictures are incredible. It's amazing to see my grandparents acting like nuts and messing around with their friends when they were near my age. It's an interesting moment when you are able to see your grandparents and parents as individuals. My favorite was seeing grandma and her best friends; they couldn't have been any funnier. If your lucky enough I'll post a few sometime.

Until that day comes I would like to share a photo with you I just took from my phone. This is what I've had to look at for the last 2 1/2 hours:


This ass-in-the-sky has been up there all afternoon messing with some wires, talking on his cell phone from inside the ceiling, and calling his buddy on the other end Mr. Pink.

Your not cool Ass. Just deal with it and get out of my face.

During this ass-capade Natty decided to grace me with her presence. She showed up at 2:15pm, went to a meeting, and left at 3:05pm. All without saying a single word to me. Twenty minutes later she called me on my cell phone, even though she knew I was at my desk, to ask me if Penn (who is sick and went to a doctor's appointment) would be "online" after she was done at the doctor's office. Does she not understand what it means to go home sick? So Natty asks, "Can you go ahead and transfer me to her cell phone, I don't have it programmed?" No, I can't transfer you! It's a damn cell phone you moron!

I hate her.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my Lord. That picture is great. Ass+sky=wonderful. Thanks. That would actually be a funny costume. Ok, enough with the costumes. I'm obsessed.