Wednesday, December 27, 2006

All I Want For Christmas Is A Blowtorch

And I got one! Thank you Maggie. I of course recieved a fire extinguisher as well; safety first you know. No, I am not a welder but I have always wanted to try and make crème brûlée and you can't do that without a torch. How else would you burn the sugar on top creating that wonderful caramel crust on top? How? I also recieved a Belgian waffle maker that makes wonderfully delicious waffles, cake pans, toys, canned goods. It was a glorious day.

Eggnog, who knew? I had my first taste of real eggnog on Christmas day. It was made fresh, included three different kinds of alcohol, and was oh so yummy. Though I still refuse to put that store-bought swill in my mouth.

We spent Boxing Day Eve laughing hysterically at random Chuck Norris facts. If you have never heard one here are some gems:
- When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
- Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
- There are no disabled people. Only people who have met Chuck Norris.
- Chuck Norris helped Jesus through the hard times, giving him strength by quoting the Scripture. (Norris had somehow gotten his hands on an advance copy of the New Testament, but couldn't bring himself to tell Jesus how it all ended.)


I hope everyone out there had a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Damn it! I was going to get you a torch for your birthday! Now I'm not sure you'll get anything. I am uninspired...