Monday, June 25, 2007

Lost in Culture

Some names just don't transfer from one culture to another. I give you exhibits A, the name of an individual who requested a software evaluation here at work.

Exhibit A: Dikshit Sindhwani

It's just unfortunate. I hope he didn't have to go to college in the states. That's hazing to another level.

5 comments:

jbshearer said...

Now, here's a person that needs a nickname. "Dipshit" is probably out...too close to the real thing.
How about Bob, or Dick? I'll bet his family has a pet name for him already. I know I do.

Susie Q said...

Oh Amy, wasn't there some chick in your high school with a bleepable name too? Vietmanese I think. Anywho, Sarah or Em, do you remember?
Then again... there is the gentleman my sis Sarah knew from the Hillsboro Chamber. Name was Richard Porn. He went by Dick...
Yup, that's correct friends, his name was Dick Porn. 65 years old if he was a day.

Emily said...

Well let's see we had a Bich Fuk and a Bich Dong - there were others that were funny too - those are the only 2 I can think of...

Amy said...

Dear lord! I don't remember them. However, I don't remember a lot of people that went to that school.

Sarah said...

We had a Phong Ho at Glencoe. I know it's not dirty, but it's still funny.
The guy that was running for mayor in La Quinta while we were living there was named Stanley Sniff. Yep, the signs said, Sniff for mayor. Hahahahaha