Monday, August 20, 2007

Desert Island Movies

Okay. Ashley has thrown down the gauntlet and I'm not one to back down from a challenge. So here goes, my top five desert island movies...

1. White Christmas - Yes, I watch it all year long and never get tired of it. "Where'd you leave that? In your snood?"

2. When Harry Met Sally - Comic genius: "You know, I have a theory that hieroglyphics are just an ancient comic strip about a character named Sphinxy."
-or-
Jess: "Baby talk"!? That's not a saying.
Harry: Oh, but "baby fish mouth" is sweeping the nation? I hear them talking.

3. Apollo 13 - I love the high-pressure, last-minute, problem-solving to get oxygen. All of NASA coming together to bring those men home. It's a great moment in history. And who hasn't said, "Houston we have a problem."

4. Princess Bride - Really, 'nough said.

5. National Treasure - I love the race through American histroy to solve the puzzle. I'm a sucker for history, what can I say?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so funny! I never would have been able to come up with any of your movies. Except White Christmas. That's a given. And it's a little wierd that you watch it year round, but I'm ready for it about now. I'm so done with summer. I know, I'm wierd.

jbshearer said...

Actually White Christmas can't be seen without my choice,
#1 Holiday Inn. they're a set
#2 Any of the first four Star Trek movies.
#3 Star Wars episode 4. I like Darth's dusty robes.
#4 Harry Potter..pick one
#5 Disney's "Journey to the Center of the Earth"
Okay so they're guy flicks
I watched Holiday Inn 4 days ago

Mac said...

It's all about White Christmas. And I agree with John. Holiday Inn is great.
I too am ready for Christmas movies.

Susie Q said...

"Where'd you leave that? In your snood?"
Love that line too. Looked up "snood" years ago cause I had no clue. (It's the little net sack the ladies used to cover their bun thing on the "swell" hairdos of the day.
Nicley done Amy!

When Harry Met Sally; sheer comic genius. The whole "Peeeccaaan Piiiee" thing still slays me.

jbshearer said...

When Harry met Sally....I gotta see that someday.

froelica said...

Mutual, I'm sure.

Sarah said...

I haven't talked to you in a dog's age.