Ugh, the writer's strike needs to end today. Yes, the strike has afforded me ample time to catch up on my reading, do my laundry, and watch a number of horrible movies but I want my shows back damnit!
Lost just came back after nearly 9 months and we are only going to get 8 new episodes instead of ~20. It just isn't fair. The show is so damn good I almost forgot what quality television looked like. And we don't even get all the epsiodes we were promised. I was okay with the 9 month wait because I knew I would get a new episode every week for nearly 5 months. But now I only get 8 and then have to wait another how many months for more!? I'm ready to throw a tantrum.
What am I supposed to watch when the Lost well dries up? American Idol? Survivor? Temptation Island? HELL NO! I would rather eat bugs while being stuck with needles.
So hear my plee AMPTP... pay the writer's for their work and give us our shows back!

8 comments:
So, where do you stand on the strike and how has it affected your life?
It sounds like you're ready to jump in the car, drive down there and bitch slap somebody.
Send a mail to them! by the hundreds. Now go cook something fun.
"Awesome" doesn't even come close to describe my mood about this!
Arrested Development is just about the most hilarious show ever AND it was filmed in my old backyard. Used to hang at the "FunZone" (that's where the Frozen Banana shop is...) Good times, good times
I'm going to go ahead and NOT get my hopes up for this one. Not cause I think it wont happen, but because I don't think my little heart could handle the extreme disappointment. Its safer this way.
Oh, and what's this with the no-shout-out-to-The-Office? I see Lost is mentioned... And I thought you were a fan, Amy. I bid you good day.
I'm right there with you on this one Amy - first off - very excited about the idea of Arrested Development as a movie... yeah! And bring back my shows - don't they know that I live around them.... I mean whatelse is a person to do at night after the girls go to bed.... Okay so I'm sure I can find something else - but I like my mindless hours of tv - I miss them!!!
I honestly haven't even noticed the strike...I don't have any shows. I am a netflix show watcher. It's more compact that way. No commercials and no waiting for next week. Just cram 5 episodes into one night and finish off an entire season in a couple nights.
Yeah, but Sarah, there IS something to be said about the whole "duh, duh, DUHHHH!!!!" Just-Wait-Until-Next-Week!!!! Aspect. Its titillating.
That's right. I said titillating.
Titillating... hehehe (I just became a 12 year old boy). I personally do both Netflix and tv - I basically sit on the couch all night watching some form of tv - I love it! :) I watch the Netflix shows that either I sadly missed getting into at the beginning or shows that I just don't have the channels for - good stuff.
Post a Comment