Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ditching and Belching

Both ditching and belching are two things that I would rather not encounter at work. Mainly because belching is gross and no one likes to be ditched.

Yesterday afternoon I looked up from my instant messaging to realize that I had been ditched by my coworkers. They all left early and didn't tell me. Now, I could really give a crap about them leaving early but I felt like such a schmuck sitting there "working" when everyone had left. I like to do the ditching damnit! It's no fun to sneak out of work early when everyone else has already done it. I felt like a lemming.

And belching. Ewww.

I started my day early with a workout at the gym. I like starting my day this way, you feel you'e accomplished something before you even get to work; though I hate the waking up part. Anyway, I'm sitting at my desk and it blissfully quiet (10:15 and no one is here) and out of no where I hear a belch. Not a burp, a belch. I can understand a burp, sometimes they just happen. But a belch takes force. A belch is on purpose. Which is why it's disgusting. And had the guy no said a delayed "excuse me" I would have had to punch his face in.

P.S. Only 42 days to Halloween and the decorations are already going up. Such a fantastic holiday.

2 comments:

kara said...

The guy in the cube behind me sneezes so loudly that the windows rattle. He does a full-on man scream before the tsunami of spit follows. Everyone within a 2 mile radius jumps a foot. We hate him.

Sarah said...

I must argue. Belching is awesome. I just wish I could do it whenever I felt it would help. An "excuse me" makes it ok by me anywhere except a movie theater. Church included.
If you're putting up your Halloween decorations, then I will too. We did say we were going to start early this year, right?