Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Miss Disneyland Already

I already want to go back. Five solid days of Disney and I am having serious withdrawals. Derek, Michael, and I had too much fun. The weather was perfect. The first few days were a bit chilly, especially once drenched on Splash Mountain, and the guys had to break down and buy sweatshirts. Then it turned sunny and warm with a cool breeze and we couldn't have been happier.

We were at the park at opening everyday and were sad to leave it at night. We hit up the Tower of Terror, California Screamin', Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Pirate's of the Caribbean at least twice a day each.

Michael even wore a sport camera and tapped a few of the rides so we can relive them now that we are back home. You will not believe the quality of the video. I was shocked. I kept busy taking pictures that I hope will tide me over until the next visit... 551 photos to be precise. Granted a lot of them are of lanterns, but that's another story.

There were a whole lot more kids there than we thought. Turns out, in southern California every kids group and graduation party (girl scouts, boy scouts, youth outreach, kindergarten, 6th grade, 8th grade, 12th grade) you can think of goes to Disneyland to celebrate. I don't mind kids in small doses, but when they are let loose into a theme park all they do is talk about stupid crap really loud, try to show eachother just how "cool" they are, and generally get in my way and piss me off. Now I know not to go anywhere near the park at the end of May.


I'm going to try and get the photos organized and into a slideshow format for my iPod so I can plug it into a TV at a moments notice. You want to see the pictures and hear the stories just give me a call.

Disneyland is too far away.

6 comments:

jbshearer said...

Is there a time when there are no kids?? and they call it the happiest place on earth.
Glad you had a good time!
When do I get to go? It's been 49 years...subtle huh?

froelica said...

There should be a no-kids time. "Adult Hour" at Disneyland sounds both wonderous and perverted....

Susie Q said...

Jim and I went in search of a drink one time. Had to go back to the Disneyland Hotel, via the monarail, it was magical I tell you. Drink and then ride back to the park.

Now to be fair, our grad party was at Disneyland! We were there all night long. It was a blast until around 4 am, then I just wanted to go to bed. I know you're all jealous! Tee, Hee

Amy said...

That sounds sweet! But now you can cut out the middle-man... they sell booze at almost all of the food establishments in California Adventure making roller coasters and elevator drop rides even more fun. :)

Mac said...

Drinks in Disneyland. Blasphemers I tell ya.
It ain't right. It's much more fun when you sneak it in. Or ask me sometime about our Banana nut bread/Space Mountain time at the land!

Sarah said...

D-Land!!!! I can't wait! We're going some time in July, it will still be fun, but there will be even more kids and a whole hell of a lot more heat. And I'll be the size of a small country.